KISD Volunteer Registration
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Signing up is easy and involves two steps:
- Completing the volunteer application
- Completing criminal background check
To begin, click here and follow the instructions.
Important: Your profile and criminal background check submission name MUST be identical. If not, it will hinder the approval process. Once cleared, you can make changes to your profile in CERVIS.
Please complete all information. Under “Volunteer Groups", select Benignus (and any other KISD schools your children attend) and then click the “Add Volunteer Information to Profile”. You will get a confirmation screen stating “Thank you for submitting the Volunteer Sign Up Form. The process will not be completed until a Criminal Background Check Form has been electronically submitted.”
Make sure you return to the Volunteer Sign Up page and go to Step #8.
Remember: Both the Volunteer Application and Background Check must be completed before an individual may volunteer in the school.
- Log into your CERVIS account here.
- Under Profile Management, select “View/ Update Volunteer Profile Information” and then select “View/ Update Volunteer Profile Information” again at change of screen.
- Edit your child’s teacher, your child's grade level, and your volunteer interests and availability.
- Ensure you have Benignus selected under Volunteer groups.
- Click “Update” at the bottom of the page.
Now you are ready to volunteer! Visit here to read about volunteer opportunities and sign up!